Last update: July 12, 2022
SHzoom Technologies, Inc. (collectively, “SHzoom” “Uptime By SHzoom” “Company” or “We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https:// SHzoom.com/Uptime (the “Website”) or the Company mobile application (the “App”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
- This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through our mobile and desktop applications, including without limitation theApp, that provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you andthis Website.
- When you purchase, download, install, register with, access or use the App..
- If you choose to connect to our Website or App through a social network such as Facebook.
- It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or app operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or App.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at (800) 921-4393 or (412) 214-0002.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website or App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or App, including information provided if you choose to connect to our Website or App through a social media site such as Facebook, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Your responses to the surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of the Website or App, or transmitted to other users of the Website, App, or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, you may set certain privacy settings for such information by opting out during your initial profile creation or logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies, Flash Cookies and Other Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and App, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website and App.
- Information about your computer or mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and App and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website, App, our e-mails or alerts may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an alert and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Google Analytics.Company uses Google Analytics to help improve your experience. Google Analytics uses both session-based and permanent cookies to collect information about how our Website performs and how you use the Website. The Google Analytics tool helps us evaluate and monitor your use of our Website, compile statistical reports on activity on the Website, and improve our content. It may collect more information than we collect. Google stores the information these cookies generate.
We will not allow any third party to, use the Google Analytics tool to track you; collect any Personal Information other than IP address; or correlate your IP address with the identity of any user of the Website. Google provides further information about its own privacy practices and allows the ability to opt out of Google Analytics tracking here.
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website, App, and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices and alerts about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, if any.
- To notify you about changes to our Website (or App) or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form adjusts your user preferences in your account profile).
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Legal basis for processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor/customer located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information is described above. We will only collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a service or fulfill a contract with you.
Users have the right to:
- Access their personal data
- Correct errors in their personal data
- Erase their personal data
- Object to processing of their personal data
- Export personal data
International Transfer of Personal Information
SHzoom protects personally identifiable information from residents of the European Union, other European Economic Area countries, and Switzerland in accordance with applicable law (including, as applicable, reliance upon your consent and EU-approved standard contract clauses).
Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of SHzoom’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by SHzoom about our Website and App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SHzoom, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website or App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to support@SHzoom.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Interest-Based Advertisers. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website or App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at support@SHzoom.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to support@SHzoom.com or write us at: SHzoom, 6401 Penn Avenue, Suite 300, Pittsburgh, PA 15206.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Company will take measurers reasonably designed to protect all information you provide to us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or App like public areas for reviews. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website or App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website or App. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or App.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, car vin number, insurance carrier and insurance policy number, insurance agent contact information, website address (shop owner end user), business certifications (shop owner end user), business photographs (shop owner end user), and any other personal information you may provide (“Personal Information”); and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and App, and usage details.
- We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.